Art of Individual Teaching (AIT)
Our advanced Yoga Teacher Training aimed at teaching one-one and also addressing therapeutic needs as appropriate. It meets the requirements for practitioner level membership of the Association Yoga Studies and is broadly equivalent to the Yoga Alliance 300 hour advanced teaching qualification, although is more detailed involving in excess of 400 hours course and study time.
Pre-Requisite: Art of Teaching Yoga
- Minimum 50 pts credit from qualifying modules (additional to those completed for certificate or Art of Teaching Yoga qualification). A minimum of 30 pts must be gained from Diploma/AIT Level modules, with the remaining points accumulated from either Certificate or Diploma/AIT level modules.
- Completion of assessment requirements for all modules and additionally two observed client sessions and written case studies for 6 students
- Minimum of 16 hrs individual lessons aimed at personal practice from the registration date
- Minimum 8 hrs individual tutorial hours with tutor
- Completion within 3 years of registration
The following are compulsory modules:
Principles of Individual Teaching
Practicalities of Individual Teaching
Ethics in Individual Teaching
Healing models in Yoga
3 “Working With” modules (i.e. addressing specific conditions)
1 Further Asana study module
“I am already a qualified teacher, can I join the AIT?”
For qualified teachers from other trainings or approaches, we generally require completion of the Foundation in Yoga Studies & a bespoke “AIT Conversion” course. This is assessed on an individual basis, but the intention is to get existing teachers to a competent standard in working within this approach.
“I completed the Art of Teaching Yoga and have continued to do some modules. Can I count these now I have registered for AIT”
Certificate/Diploma level modules completed with satisfactory assessment up to 3 years before AIT registration, and not allocated for qualification at Certificate/Art of Teaching Yoga level, may be counted towards the AIT.
Certificate level modules completed without assessment up to 3 years before AIT registration may be counted towards the qualification once the assessment criteria have been met successfully (this will incur additional nominal cost for the assessment work).